Monday, April 9, 2012

Easy Recipe: {Pesto Pasta Salad}

Here is a yummy and super easy for a Pesto Pasta Salad. I make this when I have a pop-up party, making dinner for others, or even catering an event. The longest part of this salad is really just waiting for the pasta to cool. I wish I could tell you that I made the pasta by hand and made homemade pesto sauce...but I normally take the easy way out and use boxed pasta and delicious pre-made pesto.

{Pesto Pasta Salad}

Ingredients:
  • 1 box of Rotini {Corkscrew} or Farfalle {Bowtie} pasta
  • 1 package of cherry tomatoes {cut in half lengthwise}
  • 1 small can of sliced black olives
  • 1 small purple onion {small diced}
  • 3/4 cup of pesto sauce...I felt bad leaving you hanging with out a "real" pesto sauce recipe.
 Directions:
  • Bring a pot of salted water to a rolling boil, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and put in a large bowl to cool. 
  • Once the pasta is cooled, add tomatoes, black olives, onion, and pesto. Add s & p to taste. Toss all together and enjoy!
SEE, I told you it was easy! Look at how yummy it is!


XOXO from,
Big Little City in Texas  


1 comment: