Sunday, October 9, 2011

Blueberry Chai Smoothie

As I was cleaning out my refrigerator over the weekend, I found a carton of blueberries that I bought at the store a few days ago. They were still in really good shape, so I decided to use them in a smoothie. I have been loving smoothies ever since I had my dental emergency and my only option to eat was for it to be liquefied. I didn't know exactly what I wanted to add to it, but then I remembered the Black Scottie Chai that I bought at the Issaquah Salmon Days festival a few weekends ago. I loved the taste of it, and it's so sweet that I have to really dilute it with skim milk and ice to get it right where I want. I decided that it would be perfect for this smoothie giving just the right sweetness. And guess what?...I was right! On to the recipe:

Be warned: This recipe makes about 24oz of smoothie, so you can make it for you and a friend or freeze the rest and save it.

  • 1 pint blueberries
  • 3/4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
  • 1/2 cup Skim milk
  • 1 to 1 1/2 tbs of Chai concentrate
  • 8-10 ice cubes
Add all of the ingredients to a blender and make into a yummy and healthy smoothie!! You can add substitutes to the smoothie in order to suit your tastes.


Here is what the smoothie looks like! It is so super tasty!

Chai Tea concentrate by Black Scottie

This my preferred yogurt. I add it to my Kashi in the morning as well!

Also here is what I am cooking for dinner tonight. I'm making Frito pies with the turkey chili. It is perfect for the chilly weather today. I'm also super excited about making chicken corn chowder for dinner one night this week. :)

Enjoy your day!

XO from Seattle,
Laura 

No comments:

Post a Comment