Monday, October 17, 2011

A few randoms to start the week!

I have been busy the past few days and want to make sure and keep everyone up to date! Mark and I had a wonderful weekend and just enjoyed our time together. We went antiquing, estate sale shopping, and eating out. This was a cheat meal, turned into a weekend event. I made him promise that we would work out everyday this week...I love the results that we have seen and want to keep it up!

I have also been consumed with Pinterest...I love it! Follow my Pinterest here! There are so many fun and inventive ideas that fuel my crafty/cooking side. My coworkers are going to gain about 100lbs. I'm constantly bringing goodies for them to try...better them than me! I like to spoil people! On the agenda tomorrow are Halloween cupcakes: dark chocolate cupcakes with milk chocolate frosting and Halloween sprinkles. Yummm.... 

On our way from the estate sale on Sunday, we found the cutest shopping village in Bothell, WA. It's called Country Village Shops. This small indoor/outdoor shopping village has some really cute stores, and a really good diner style restaurant. Also, there are chicken that roam freely and a duck pond with TONS of duck! I can't wait to bring my mom, Carrie, and Reagan to this place when they come and visit.  It also has a little train that goes around the village for the little tykes to ride around it...I wanted to ride, but would have been the only one over 6, so I didn't. (Can I rent a kid for about 30-45 minutes?) The three stores that I loved the most are: The The Well Dressed Home, The Weed Patch, and Town Hall Antique Mall. WE made a very nice purchase from the antique mall...but I have to save the project for another post.

This is the view right at the front door of The weed Patch. I took this photo and send it to my mom and sister...I bet they were so jealous. This store is SO them!

I've also really gotten back into reading. I decided that on my way into/from work that I will read, so that's what I've done. I like to read books that make me think and wanted to start with something fun, so I stumbled upon Following Polly by Karen Bergreen. I read this book in 4 days! I loved it...it was an easy read for me and I liked the character development in the book. It's a "Who dun it?" type of book, that has some good twists and turns along the way! I want to read more books...any suggestions for me?

Read it! There is also a great app that I found called "Goodreads"...you can find some awesome recommendations here and rants as well.

I found a blogger, who shall remain nameless simply because I forget. Oops! :) Who recommended trying these two products if you want your hair to have volume and keep the volume throughout the day. Helped this low-life hair of mine. I went to Ulta to buy by products and I'm about 90% pleased with the way my hair turned out today. The only thing I didn't like is with the BigSexyHair product. I think I sprayed it too close and it seems a little bit crusty, but I'm bound a determined to make it work.

Products:
  • Kenra #25: Volume Spray
  • BigSexyHair: Root Pump
  A little inspiration before I go...

I hope that I make some head way with making my Halloween costume this week, I guess I have too! I can't wait to unveil my idea (whether it's good or bad). I also have some more recipes coming up...this is going to be a wonderful Fall!

XO from Seattle,
Laura

1 comment:

  1. Awww LBMD I love reading up on your recent adventures. I hope when I finally come visit you take me to all the fun places you guys are finding.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete